Friday, February 24, 2012

How about a “Loyal” button?



Almost every friend in the marketing world is obsessed with the Facebook “Like “ button. I am not such a big fan. Well, do I like to have a lot of “Like” on my company’s Facebook page, well, of course. But I am not obsessed with it.

There are many reasons to the like and I would like to know that the likes are for a good reason that my brand stands for. I suspect, my friends who are obsessed about the “Like” button on Facebook is confusing it with loyalty.

A “Like” on Facebook does not equate loyalty. Eventually, we all want to have brand loyal users. But a like is hardly that.

As marketers we need to distinguish which came first – I am loyal to you hence I like you OR I like you hence I will be loyal to you? One is a cause another is the effect. Let’s not confuse the two.

Besides, why I like you and why you MAY think I like you are also totally different.
Which renders the number of “Likes” information almost useless. Unless, you know the “why”.

Can loyalty be quantified?

Let us help. Call us now at +60378901079 or visit us at roar-point.com

No comments:

Post a Comment