Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is your ratio?



Does balance always have to mean 50:50? 

How then do you measure work-life balance? Some people are willing to pay the price of career success – whatever that means to each individual - by putting in the hours. They may not seem to have work-life balance, to you. But that is the price they are willing to pay.

To accuse your boss of not providing you work-life balance is highly unfair. Bosses are not here to provide work-life balance. For one simple reason, bosses don’t know what is your balance. And your balance may not be the same as the colleague in your department. 

So, what does it mean? Your boss has to customize a work-life balance for everyone?

Don’t get me wrong. Do I believe in work-life balance? Of course I do. I know my balance. I know when I tip to spending more time at work and what are the hours I would like to spend with my family.  But that’s me. Not you. What is balance to you may be different from everyone else. 

If you feel you are overworked for long periods of time, quit. But don’t blame your boss for the lack of work-life balance. 

If you decide to talk about work-life balance, you better know what your ratio is. Find work that fits that ratio.

You can’t quantify the qualitative. It’s against logic.

What time are you going home today?

Let us help. Call us now at +60378901079 or visit us at roar-point.com

No comments:

Post a Comment