Tuesday, April 12, 2011

If ideas are expensive, execution is priceless?

 
Robert Sutton in his blog wrote about the 17 things he believes. In number 13, he wrote what he calls the Sutton's Law: “If you think that you have a new idea, you are wrong. Someone else probably already had it. This idea isn’t original either; I stole it from someone else.”

And I agree. Too often you feel your ideas are so great and it will make you so much money. Give you fame. But you are wrong. Someone else has probably thought about it first. 

The easiest thing to see if some one else has thought about it? Google it up. See how people have already talked about it and maybe even executed that idea. 

Once, a very experienced ad man told me ideas are expensive. We are in the business of selling ideas. I bought into it. Now? I am not so sure. 

I think ideas are cheap. Everyone has an idea for something. I am sure if I asked you for a restaurant concept you would like to start, you could rattle on for hours. Someone else probably has the same idea.

The difference ideas will make in your life is that you see that idea to fruition. You don’t put those words into action? It doesn’t make a difference.

Let us help. Call us now at +60378901079 or visit us at roar-point.com

You can talk till the lambs go to sleep. You can convince me that ideas are expensive. Still, you have to pepper your sweat all over it.

Ideas are cheap. Action is priceless.

What are you creating today?


No comments:

Post a Comment