Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What are you doing about it?



I wrote an email to a new client the other day to follow up on a few things. In order to understand the inner workings of the company there were a few questions I asked.

Interestingly, the answer came back “The boss decides” in each of those questions. I get a sense the answers were given grudgingly too.

I have been in the working world long enough now and have my fair share of bosses. Good, bad and downright evil. Here’s the thing. Regardless, as a staff we have the moral responsibility to inform the boss if we disagree with something.

If you think things are not right, you have a better way of doing it, then bring it up. Sure I don’t work for the ugly face you work for, I will never understand. But, there is no but. It’s your moral obligation. Tell the boss.

There is a reason your title says, “manager”. Otherwise, I suggest you ask for a transfer to the assembly line. Hold the soldering pen and solder away. No name cards for you. The only card you need to care about is the clock-in card.

What’s on your name card now?

Let us help. Call us now at +60378901079 or visit us at roar-point.com

No comments:

Post a Comment