Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Are you kind to them?

Trust your gut in business decisions, especially when it comes to your team.

Every time I kept the wrong person in my company, I felt it in my stomach. I'd dread our 1-1s because they were always unproductive. I made excuses like, "I know they have to go, but ..."

Looking back, I see that avoiding decisions doesn't make problems go away. Here’s why trusting your gut is crucial:

1. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞: You know your company's culture better than anyone. If someone doesn't fit, forcing it won't work.

2. 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬: When you keep the wrong person, it affects the whole team. They see it and feel it, too. Your best employees might even leave because they sense the misalignment.

3. 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬: It's tough to help someone grow as a leader when they're not the right fit. Your energy could be better spent on those who mesh with your team's values.

Fixing my mistakes meant listening to my gut and making tough decisions. It wasn’t easy, but my team deserved it, and my company thrived because of it.

So, remember, your instincts are there for a reason. Trust them. It'll save you stress and help your business flourish.

Are you kind to yourself? 

Let us help. Call us now at +60378901079 or visit us at roar-point.com


No comments:

Post a Comment